LAST UPDATED: MAY 30, 2021
What personal information does we collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Site may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
You may not provide information to us about someone else or communicate with someone else through our platform unless you have obtained any necessary consents from the other person for us to receive and use their information, such as to facilitate the sending of communications you choose to send to them about your artwork through ReneFarias.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with the Site, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site, where they come from, and what content on our Site is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site to our visitors.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
We may receive personal information about you from third party sources. The types of information we collect from third parties may include collected information from third-party services like Facebook or Google if you use one of these services to log into or integrate with our Site. This information may include your name, email address, gender, city, and state or your friends or contacts on such site and we use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you, as well as to improve the quality and relevance of our Site to our visitors. With your consent, we may cache your communications from these third-party services to improve your experience on the Site. Similarly, we collect communications you choose to send and receive through our platform.
What does ReneFarias do with the Personal Information it collects?
We uses personal information it receives for several purposes, such as:
Site: To operate and maintain our Site and the products and services offered through our Site. For example, we use personal information to create your profile, track and organize your content, fulfill your purchase requests, process payments, and customize your experience on our Site, such as by tailoring the content or experiences we show you.
Communication: To contact you through email, phone, postal mail, notices posted on our websites or apps, via our platform and other ways and to facilitate communications to others you choose to communicate with via our platform. We will send you messages about the availability of our Site, security, customer service, or other service-related issues. We also send messages about the Site, updates, reminders, and promotional messages in accordance with your communications preferences. You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt- out of receiving service messages from us, including transactional, security and legal notices and you may not be able opt out of receiving communications from people that you initiated communications with via our Site.
Customer Support: In connection with customer service inquiries and matters, such as to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and service issues.
Marketing: For marketing purposes, such as to develop our marketing strategy, promote our platform, growth, engagement.
Research and Development: For research, analytical, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes; to develop and test new products, features and ideas; to learn about our customer base and Site and to evolve and improve our Site, products and services.
Other: For any other purpose identified at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Who does ReneFarias For Art Ltd Share My Personal Information With?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients or in the following circumstances:
- to anyone who visits our Site or interacts with our Site if you voluntarily share information about yourself in a public or shared area on or through our Site. For example, if you share a public portfolio or agree to an artwork being publicly being attributed to you. You should be aware that any content or information you choose to disclose in these areas can be read, collected and used by other users, the general public and other sites (including search engines).
- to anyone you choose to communicate with or share information with through our Site, for example if you make a purchase or send messages to others through our platform. You should be aware that any content or information you choose to disclose in this way can be read, collected, and used by those you communicate with.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation, to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to your employer (or similar entity), if you participate in any enterprise solutions or corporate programs;
- to our group companies, to provide, develop, improve, and analyze the Site and our offerings.
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
How does ReneFarias Ltd keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee 100% security of any of the information that you send to us.
International data transfers
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on an “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- If you are a resident of the EEA:
- you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
- residents in California (and other states where required by law) have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a resident of any such state, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- for certain categories of personal information, the right to request a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties;
- the right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you;
- the right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information (if any); and
- the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
We respond to requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact ReneFrarias at firstname.lastname@example.org.